Fault Interrupting through 38kV, 800A, 12.5kA symmetrical interrupting. G&W's Viper-SP solid dielectric, single phase recloser combines the time-proven reliability of electronically controlled, vacuum fault interrupters with the maintenance-free benefits of a solid dielectric insulated device. The Viper-SP is designed for automatic or manual operation providing overcurrent protection for single phase systems through 38kV maximum, 800A continuous current, and 12.5kA rms symmetrical interrupting. Vertical insulator “L” configurations and horizontal insulator “Z” configurations are available.
Reclosers can be supplied preassembled including bracket and arresters, reducing installation time. Provisions for easy mounting of voltage transformers are also provided.
The Viper-SP recloser works with Schweitzer’s SEL-351RS Kestrel control. Typical features of the Kestrel include:
• Choose from two economical, low maintenance aluminum cabinet options: a swing-up door and a conventional swing panel enclosure.
• Improve substation automation and control with the included IEC 61850 communication protocol.
• View basic relay information on a connected Ethernet network with the built-in web server.
• Reduce wiring and supply accurate time throughout an Ethernet network with Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP).
• Transfer such information as IEC 61850 configuration files and settings to and from the relay faster with File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
• Improve power quality monitoring with root-mean-square (rms) and harmonic metering up to the 16th harmonic.
• Simplify local connection and speed communication with an optional, front-panel USB port.
• Integrate with new and existing networks via standard DNP3.0 and Modbus® protocols.
• Increase communications reliability with a built-in Ethernet switch and failover mode for dual Ethernet.
• Identify phasing of single phase reclosers with standard IEEE C37.118 synchrophasors.